Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Welcome to our Table

Heirloom cherry tomatoes, zucchini ribbons, fresh sweet corn and sage
And of course, smother in goat cheese
 
This was my favorite meal of the week. Linguini pasta covered in farmer' market vegetables, goat cheese and fresh sage. A bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes.

Grilling nights are simple. Basil chicken sausage, steamed broccoli and buttered white rice. I am in love with this serving dish, I use it for everything. It is the perfect size for the entrée for a dinner party, or for the entire meal for our little family.

Handmade chicken nuggets. Panko crumbs with Herbs de Provence, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.

Little hands that love to help

My impish sous chef

Another simple summer meal. I am a huge fan of buttered white rice, if you haven't pick up on that. I have tried to switch to brown or wild rice, but there is something comforting about a pile of white rice with butter, salt and pepper. I just like what I like.

Summer dinners are best eaten outside with the birds and the ants and the neighbors.

Grape Popsicles.


Don't judge. You know you love it too. Grant introduced me to this glorious food substance when we were dating. We used to have Junk Food Saturdays where we went to Blockbuster and rented 3-4 movies, stopped at the grocery store and bought tortilla chips and salsa con queso, something sweet like those Keebler Elf cookies with the hole in the middle and chocolate drizzled over them, and beer or Southern Comfort. We would then spend the entire day watching movies and eating crap. We felt terrible the next day, but Junk Food Day was glorious. I don't buy it often, but it takes me down memory lane every time I crack the lid. Happy Labor Day!

Rare picture with me in it.

I asked Grant to take a picture of me, and this was the result. Thanks, honey.

Strawberries, peaches and vanilla yogurt. Drizzle of honey. Lily and roses from my sweet friend Bec.

The beginning of something good...

Sneaking a blueberry...

There were still lots for the muffins.

Perks of being a sous chef. Licking the spatula.

Gluten free blueberry sour cream muffins. Recipe modified from Smitten Kitchen cookbook. As you can see, gluten free muffins just don't rise like their "regular" cousins. But in this case, I found that the flatter muffins held all the good flavors without all the bulk. Texture was more like coffee cake. Delicious.

So many things going on in this picture. Knox eats naked for obvious reasons, is learning how to use a spoon and is a hair twirler. For all of these reasons, he is one of my favorite things in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment