Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pee. Pea. P.

Pursy has been very successfully in big girl undies for six months now with the occasional accident or "I didn't want to stop playing" mishap. This past week however, there have been four episodes of bodily functions not making it in the toilet. (i.e. she peed on the floor, rug, chair, couch)

Today she was sitting in her chair eating lunch and I noticed her squinching around with a perplexed look on her face. Afraid she was about to have an accident I said, "Pursy, what's going on over there?" She didn't answer me, so I asked "Did you pee in your big girl underwear?". She looked up at me, surprised and then broke into a grin and said "Yeah!". Her happiness was frustrating to me, so I started on a diatribe about her being a big girl and only peeing in the potty and getting down from the table to use the bathroom is a good thing, etc. I was trying to keep it together, but also wanted her know that this was not okay.

She continued to squirm around in her chair while I was talking and finally put her hands down her pants. This was also not okay with me and as I started over to her chair to deal with the situation, she pulled a pea out of her shorts.

"I had a pea in my undies, Mama!"

This girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment