Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Falling Slowly

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time.
Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice
You make it now.- G.H.


 
I love Glen Hansard's voice and the song is so full of longing and desperate hope for the love he thinks he found. He isn't even sure the love is his, but he is ready to offer whatever broken thing his heart is for the chance to be saved.

These are the moments I realize I am a hopeless romantic. Not the kind that loves rose petal lined hallways leading to castles in the sky. But the romantic that craves darkness and the beauty that comes from light breaking in. The sinking ship destined for destruction on the rocks that love points home to safety and no more fear. Desperation and salvation. Clinging to each other knowing that life without the other person would be closer to death. One person. This is insane. And I have it. The reality of that catches my breath sometimes.

Maybe this is why my favorite love ballads are from the likes of Glen Hansard and Tom Waits.

You can send me to hell but I'll never let go of your hand.- T.W.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment