Monday, July 8, 2013

Aloha. Mahalo. Mai Tai.

Vacation is over. 8 days, 6 plane flights, 1 bikini wax, __ Mai Tais, and 2 Hawaiian islands.

I realized 5 minutes into our vacation (at 4am on our way to the airport) that I had forgotten both my cell phone and my Nexus. I was, like, totally in technological darkness. A communication black hole. With no way, as Grant likes to put it, to "Instagram that shit". And I can't deny that I freaked out for an entire day- even hearing phantom cell phone ringing on the plane.

It took me a good 24 hours to stop defining things in hashtags or blog post titles or photograph captions. Sharing my life this way is a part of my daily rhythm that I enjoy with the few that choose to read my blog or follow me on Instagram. It has been a happy place to stay connected without being a slave to the facebook crack pipe. Which we have already established is not a good drug for me.

Hawaii was beautiful. And I have 345 pictures to sort through, edit and check for loose bits (I found a fantastic pin up red retro bathing suit that made me feel sassy and vintage confident on the beaches of Maui) before posting to the blog. They are coming... After we fully recover from a week without bedtimes, dessert for breakfast, swimming until midnight, the best fish tacos ever, poolside drink service and a six hour time difference. I am still a little fuzzy.

Last night after we got the babes into bed, unpacked the bags, did a quick mow of the lawn and hit Trader Joes, I suggested to Grant that we have a gin and tonic on the back porch to toast the end of a fabulous vacation.

Grant: That sounds great. Do we have gin?
Me: Um, no.
Grant: Do we have tonic?
Me: No. But I did get limes.
Grant: So we are going to have gin and tonics without the gin or tonic?
Me: Yeeees.
Grant: We should probably go to bed.

Okay, one picture.

2 comments:

  1. oooh, I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about your trip! I know it wasn't a cabin with a wood burning fireplace, but it was pretty awesome, huh? - Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you were going to HAWAII! That's amazing! Also, you're a gorgeous woman, Christy!

    ReplyDelete