Friday, June 14, 2013

Long Way Home


When we were first married I tried to get Grant to call me Pretty Baby because of this song- I just loved the protective intimacy of those two words together. And I had been called a lot of things in different seasons of life, but never anything like that soft affirming possessive nickname that only a lover would use. Pretty Baby didn't stick, but I have accepted the variations of Babe and Baby that Grant settled on for me. It never seems patronizing or typical. Rather, coming off his tongue it has come to sound like a second given name.

I love this song. The soul of a lover admitting the desire to wander. But home is always with you. Even if I take the long way.

I love you Pretty Baby but I always take the long way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment