Friday, August 17, 2012

Apparently I'm Not the Only One Having a Bad Morning

Russian female punk band Pussy Riot found guilty of hooliganism over Putin protest at church site

 That was the headline for CBS news this morning when I opened my iGoogle page. Poor Pussy Riot. I never thought they were capable of full on hooliganism. But back to the United States and our family...

My day began at around 1am when Knox woke up crying. Brought him into our bed for a snack and a cuddle. Discovered he was coughing and gagging on the beginning of a respiratory funk. Crap. His coughing woke up Pursy who also came into bed with us- nose running and coughing. Double crap. The rest of the "night" went in a revolving door of calming babes down, wiping noses, helping them fall asleep, carrying them back to their beds, listening to them wake up while walking back to our bedroom, going back to pick them up and starting cycle over again.

We accepted the sleeping part of the night was over around 5am and just kept both babes in bed with us- a cozy solution with a Full size bed. My alarm went off at 5:30 and I accepted my morning run was not happening. I shut it off and soothed Knox who had been woken up by the alarm.

At 6:30 Grant got up and started to get ready for work. Knox woke up and started cranking- which has continued to this moment. Poor guy. And Pursy, who would rather be stuffed in the fridge then have her nose wiped, is miserable. Because I am the adult, I feel like I should be able to pull it together and save the day. But the day just got worse as we ventured out of bed and went downstairs. Here is our day thus far in pictures. It is only 9am.

Just try and wipe my nose...

The shards of a bowl I broke trying to grab breakfast

The river of water running down the kitchen counter after Pursy decided to do her own dishes

Even usually happy Knox can't pull it together this morning

What Mama would like to have for breakfast

  What did Mary Poppins say? Tomorrow is another day?? That would require we survive this one.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!!! Oh what I have to look forward to!! Great post Christy! :D

    ReplyDelete