Friday, July 27, 2012

Another Installment of "Things I Never Thought I'd Say"

Because I have accepted that I will not be able to write everything in Pursy and Knox's baby books, I hope this blog serves double duty as a record of their shenanigans and memories. So if some posts seem a little intimate for the general public, it is because they aren't for you- they are for us. :) But as we also tend to be a family that can be accused of over-sharing, please feel free to read and then forget. Or in the case of this verbal interaction I had with Pursy this morning, feel free to try and not get a mental image.

Setting the stage: Changing pad on Pursy's dresser, trying to get P dressed for the day
Me: Pursy, don't put that hair clip on your vagina. We don't put anything in our vaginas.
Pursy: Don't put anything in my 'gina?
Me: Right.
Pursy: No Pursy put anything in her 'gina?
Me: Uh-huh
Pursy: No Mama put anything in her 'gina?
Me: (decides it is not the right time for the birds and bees talk) That's right.
Pursy: No Knox put anything in his pe-nus?
Me:.... Um, no.
Pursy: No Dada put anything in his pe-nus?
Me: (not sure where this is going) That's right....
Pursy: No Dada put phone in his pe-nus?
Me: Bwahahahahha.

It is always good as a parent to know when to draw the line on a conversation and I missed it. But at least we have a few ground rules established in regard to our boy and girl parts. I called Grant to let him know.

No comments:

Post a Comment