Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Favorite Things Ed. V

I know I am super late on this one, but Knox is going through this season of REALLY not wanting to be put down and it is crazy difficult to write a blog post one handed with an almost 18 pound babe in the other arm. After two failed attempts and loads of misplaced frustration I gave up and the days have passed. Our downstairs is now filled with a baby swing, an exersaucer, a bouncy seat, a play gym, a portable highchair- all trying to entice Knox to allow his fat little body to be cradled by something other than my frail human arms. No dice- the little man wants his Mama. And so I throw out one more baby raising book telling me I am turning my children into heroin addicts and dropouts by not letting them soothe themselves- and I hold him. Recognizing that before I know it, he will be running across the floor on his way to soccer practice and maybe forgetting to hug me goodbye. I did this with Purslane too and she is too independent and fearless for her own good... kids are going to be who they are going to be, whether I get to breathe in their sweet baby head smell for 10 hours straight or not.

For those of you who use pictures of my children as a reason to get out of bed on Monday mornings, my apologies. But I'm here now.. so here we go. My favorite things- Edition 5.

Spaghetti...
 My babes making each other laugh...
 This face...
 Hello Kitty Bandaids for Pursy and Pooh...
 A morning snuggle... really wish I could take myself out of this picture but at 6AM this is the best I got.
 Pursy teaching Knox how to use the Jump-N-Jive...
 Sous Chef...
 Fat dimples on fat hands...
 I don't really know what to say. I just love it.
 Believe it or not this is the best photo in a series of really unflattering ones... my dearest friend Julia and I really late at night...
 Coloring is serious business...
 "Helping" Dada weed...
 LOOK AT THOSE LEGS!!!!
 My son, Knox Thomas Steele.

No comments:

Post a Comment