Sunday, January 8, 2012

How I Have Missed This...

I didn't realize how cathartic this little blog was for me until we had three weeks without internet. My life seems full right now of stuff- big and small- that would make great fodder for a blog post and alas, no blog access. I have missed it so much that I should share my present surroundings and let you judge me yourself for spending this particular moment with you rather then where it is obvious I should be..

On Wednesday Grant and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. to each other. On our actual anniversary, we talked one of our cousins into babysitting Pursy while we went out for dinner with the breastfeeding babe- who at this point is still pretty unobtrusive on dates. We first went to this great bar/restaurant in our neighborhood called Kelly's- only to be kicked out by baby hating hipsters who probably hate love and marriage too. We ended up at another restaurant in our hood called BRGR. We joked with the people at the table next to us that we were there to ruin their dinner by making them look at our delicious, sleeping babe. We toasted our accomplishment with good beer, fried pickles and local, grass-fed burgers. Happy Anniversary to us, Grant Martsolf. We are fantastic.

Back to present moment. Every year for our anniversary, Grant takes us somewhere. Before babes we took trips to New Orleans, Baltimore, New York... the last two years with tiny breastfeeding babes we go closer to home but still go far enough that we feel like we are "away". This year as we are new to Pittsburgh and don't feel like locals yet, we got away to the North Side of the city. We had dinner at NACL- or "Salt of the Earth"- then came to the Priory for the night. The Priory is a converted convent now operating as a luxury hotel. The rooms are tiny and luxurious, and instead of going out, we sat in the cozy dark wood hotel bar sipping sazeracs talking about life past and present. We didn't fulfill my long running fantasy of sex in an elevator (too many logistics and the elevator was really small) but we celebrated 8 years in style.

This morning, Grant is enjoying sleeping past 6AM with no kids in the bed, and I am enjoying a quiet room with no one to nurse or feed oatmeal to- and blogging. I wish all of you could have been kept abreast of our life the past 3 weeks- including our Christmas coat tree tree, Purslane's adventures in (and out) of her "big girl bed", moving into our new East Liberty neighborhood, and the general parade of crazy that is our life but as always, here is a picture montage to fill in the beautiful beautiful gaps. Happy New Year to all and here's to all the goodness and madness that 2012 will bring!!

I think Knox is going to fit right in to this crazy family..
 Mommy and Pursy
 Mommy and Pursy playing around in the Teal Parade bathroom...


 Christmas cookie decorating...

 Big Girl Bed!!
 This little kid habit always kills me...
 This is the most public-sharing appropriate picture of a photo series I called "naked benching" at Papa and Ba's house...
 "No Pursy, babies only drink milk.. and the occasional sugar cookie..."
 Our house on Christmas Eve- boxes everywhere, Lion King on the computer and our family together again.
 Martsolf Christmas morning. In all fairness, Pursy is only 10 pounds bigger then Knox. He is quite a heavy babe to hold in your lap...
 Knox surrounded by "the ladies"..
 Oh to be a kid on Christmas...
 Wha???...
 For some reason, Pursy hates sleeping in her big girl bed for nap time... so she falls asleep out of pure exhaustion on the floor. Tom (sock monkey) and Pooh often find themselves in compromising positions...
I think my kids are going to be friends...
 New Years Eve and the men are smoking meat and drinking beer...
 Michelin Man baby...
 Feeding "self" is tricky when the fork is longer then the arm...
 My beautiful girl.
 And handsome little man.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, love! Looks like you all are settling in nicely. Glad you're not so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've read the blog, and I have to say... I love it! Love the pictures, and of course the laughs! I'll definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO happy to hear a little snippet from your life Christy and absolutely adore the pictures. Can't wait to visit and definitely need to hear more about your special Christmas tree ;)

    Happy anniversary!!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete