Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Little Distraction...

So to take my mind off the fact that my due date has come and gone, I spent an hour tonite playing with my new toy... Grant gave me my push present early- a Canon Rebel T2i. This is the camera I have been salivating over for months now- and lament not having every time I take a picture with my crappy point and click digital camera that never takes the picture I saw in the creative part of my brain that tells me every picture I take will be awesome.

Let's just clarify one thing. I realize the fact that there are push presents in my world means I have crossed over into full on yuppiness. I am okay with this. Although it will probably get me points on Stuff White People Like.

So Grant and his parents pooled their sneaky resources and have known they would give me this for a while now... and listened to me whine over and over about how I absolutely NEED a nice camera in order to be a good mom and MAYBE Purslane would forgive her baby pictures being mediocre but Knox certainly would hate me one day. Fortunately for our budget and my eternal soul, Grant is very wise in discerning when my needs and wants are ridiculously at odds. He did his research and found me the camera I wanted refurbished on Ebay and even though it was still extravagant, we will be able to put food on the table and keep our children in size-appropriate clothing.

My new sweetheart Emily came over tonite to show me all the features of a nice camera- plus brought cookies, which I thought was wicked cool and totally above and beyond. I am now armed with everything I need to take pictures of my sweet babes and hopefully find an artistic medium I can be good at. I am more of an art appreciator rather then creator, so photography fits me like my Seven jeans used to...

2 comments:

  1. Yay for new fancy cameras! And if you happen to go on Thursday night... I might be there taking a tour! Good luck sweet ladyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photography DOES fit you, pretty lady! I'm so excited for you! (And I am glad you guys liked the cookies--my sister's peanut butter chocolate chip recipe). I'm open for more free photography lessons at your whim. I mean it. I've been cherishing these nights chatting on your couch, you guys are gems.

    ReplyDelete