Sunday, May 22, 2011

Still Here...

I realized Saturday evening that I would have been fine with Jesus coming back at 6pm. Because if I had to live my perfect day, it would have been Friday. I spent the morning with Purslane eating yogurt and strawberries. Over a fantastic cup of coffee and sippee cup of juice, we watched the morning news and one episode of "A Baby Story" on TLC. Grant worked from home, which meant at any moment he might pop his head into whatever room we were playing in and Pursy would ask him to read Olivia for the 27 thousandth time. And he would do it- with the voices- every time.

We left around noon for Pittsburgh and stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Because I am pregnant I get to eat my sandwich with a side of fries AND a vanilla milkshake- and say it's what the baby wanted. And no one can judge me.

Grant made a playlist for our drive, and I fell asleep to Boat and the new Cave Singers album. I always fall asleep in the car.

When I woke up, we were almost in Pittsburgh and I crawled in the backseat with crabby Pursy and fed her applesauce. I love watching her chew applesauce- maybe the cutest thing in the universe.

We found a parking garage, walked across the Clemente Bridge at dusk and met Mom and Dad Martsolf at PNC Park for Purslane's first Pirates game. We ate fantastically crappy ball park food, watched the Pirates win 10-1, and Pursy fell asleep in the Baby Hawk on her Daddy's back on the way back to the car.





So maybe today I'm not with Jesus. Second best is my husband and daughter... and Ronny Cedeno.

No comments:

Post a Comment