Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Beautiful Pregnant Woman

I have seen pictures in magazines and even met the occasional wonder of nature that is the happy pregnant woman. She glows through her first trimester with nary a wave of nausea or craving for coleslaw. She is unfazed by the onslaught of hormones flooding her body and remains calm and in control of her every emotion. This woman talks about the "miracle of life" and eats three full servings of green leafy vegetables a day.

I have no idea what this is like.

I told Grant this morning that Pursy is so lucky that she is cute because there is no way I would go through this again if babies weren't so adorable. She is just of the age now where being a parent starts to get rewarding. When Grant walks in from work, she laughs and claps- making him instantly feel like he can do anything. In the morning when I am lying in bed trying to force down the urge to vomit, she lays her head on my belly and shares my animal crackers. She eats the nutritious food I make for her and laughs like crazy when I bite her toes. She responds to us, and even when she is cranking in her high chair, we are watching her learn and adapt to us and life. It is crazy fun.

So I am happy about starting over with Babe #2. I think Pursy will be a great big sister, and I am grateful that she will be too young to remember life without a sibling- hopefully we can avoid jealousy and difficulty adjusting.

It is just too bad that I have to go through pregnancy in order to have a baby. I told Grant our third child will be a beautiful orphan from Sierra Leone or Haiti. All the benefits of a child without the morning sickness.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are a beautiful pregnant woman... despite what your body is telling you!

    ReplyDelete