Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Many Thanks

My husband, who loves me despite my tendency to be snarky when angry, sarcastic when confronted and emotionally distant when tired and hungry. He has been my best friend for over seven years and tells me every day that I am pretty. I certainly do not deserve such loyalty but I am so thankful for it.

My daughter, who gave me the gift of being a mother which is one of the greatest. She reminds me to slow down when I am anxious and stressed out and her smile is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I am so thankful for her stubborn personality and fantastic belly laugh.

My profession as a nurse has supported us to live comfortably, allowed Grant to be in Graduate school, and encourages my strengths as a human being every day. I am so thankful for the ability to care for the sick and to be allowed into other people's lives. It is a gift.

The people who share my daily life. I am so grateful for the open couches, refrigerators, and bookshelves of my friends. May I never take advantage of coffee dates, dinner parties or craft days where you love me just a little bit more.

My french press. It seems petty, but every morning I can make one delicious cup of coffee and enjoy the little brown foam that means it is fresh and just a little thick. Happiness.

My home. I hate cleaning the hardwood floors that seem to go on for days when they are dirty but there is nothing more lovely then evenings spent listening to records, drinking wine and snuggling with Grant in OUR home.

Things I am trying to be thankful for: the little belly that just won't go away, how much my dog loves me and wants to be everywhere exactly where I am, and my insatiable desire for potato chips.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Great list. I also like the "Things I am trying to be thankful for" because, well, isn't that the truth of life?

    Mine would be these woman parts of mine that are healthy but just temporarily malfunctioning.

    ReplyDelete