Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thriller

Last night we had friends over that reminded me why I like human beings. We ate dinner, walked to the park to feed the ducks and ended up watching a thunderstorm on the front porch with our children. It was low maintenance, and the sort of conversation where small talk becomes the story of how she found her faith. I have never been one for small talk- it never came easy to me. I would rather hear someone's deepest darkest secret than why they prefer Yuengling to Troegs. She was easy to talk to, humorously self depricating and interested in how Grant and I met. The night ended when Pursy let us know she was ready for bed and much too soon. One of my favorite things about getting to know new people is when I think I have them pegged and they throw me a curve ball. I should have known when they walked in on me listening to Thriller on the turntable and they didn't bat an eye.

2 comments:

  1. Of course, now I'm very curious how you had us pegged... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't you like to know... I don't tell my secrets. :)

    ReplyDelete