Sunday, July 11, 2010

How to Juggle

I was reading a quote from Jennifer Lopez yesterday (my guilty pleasure is reading People magazine while on the elliptical machine at the YMCA) where she was talking about how she juggles her personal life and her career. And she said something to the effect of "I do the best I can, and at the end of the day I think- did I ask my daughter how her day was, did I kiss Marc, did I call my agent back, etc- and if I didn't get it all in, I try again tomorrow".

I don't plan on getting all of my life wisdom from JLo, but I actually think that was very astute. It is so easy for me to flog myself for not being the supermom/wife/nurse/human being I want to be but at the end of the day if my priorities are to love on my husband, be involved with my daughter, and do well at my job then I am okay with every once in a while buying the non-organic yogurt and just praying that the rBGH doesn't kill us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment