Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Green Dress

I was at the gym this morning when a 40ish man came in with his two daughters. The older one was dressed in shorts, tank top and thick bangs. The younger one was wearing what looked like a tiny version of an ugly teal bridesmaid dress. She had accessorized with flip flops and a huge smile. It was apparent in about 2 seconds that there had been a fight that morning- and she had won. She was wearing her party dress dammit and if her Dad wanted to get to the gym at all, he would let her. I thought about Pursy and the stubborn streak I already know so well around her 8pm bedtime and thought that I need to be very careful about the kind of clothes I buy her and save myself the stress. Or I can just enjoy watching her be a little girl and exert her independence in a satin party dress. I think I'll do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment